A wonderful friend of ours showed us the amazing world of black bean brownies years ago, we were instantly hooked.
This is our families variation of black bean brownies.
All ingredients are better if they are organic in our humble opinion 😊
- 2 1/3 cup/OR 2cans of cooked black beans
- 1/4-1/2 cup of water or apple sauce
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 cup of gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3 TBS of Vanilla extract
- 2 TBS Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup(this recipe can work with less if you’re watching sugar intake etc.)
- 2 small “donks” or pinches of stevia
- 1/2 cup of raw Cocoa powder
- 2 TBS for batter of Mega chunks by enjoy life
(Sprinkle chocolate chips on top prior to baking)
Makes 10-13 brownies
Preheat oven to 350* F
Layer all ingredients into your blender, in this particular recipe we use a vitamix blender on High until blended smooth. If this recipe has a hard time blending-try adding more applesauce or water until you’ve reached a smooth, thick consistency. Apply a good amount of grass fed butter to a 8×8 baking pan. Sprinkle desired amount of your mega chunk chocolate chips to the top of your brownies and cook for 14-16 minutes. The brownies will look a tad undercooked still after removing from the oven-let them sit to cool, they will firm up in the cooling process after 10-15 minutes out of the oven.
Enjoy! (We did)